autoset. the smart miter saw fence.
Autoset is our automated miter saw fence. As a part of the Internet of Tools, Autoset integrates with our mobile app to streamline your workflow whether you're building a skyscraper, making a bookshelf, or anything in between.
Cut More Precisely
Make every cut within 1/64" (0.4mm) of your target, every time, without having to stop, measure, mark, and adjust. And because the cut list comes directly from your design or an electronic measuring device, there's no manual measurement. That means fewer opportunities for measuring error, throughout your measure-cut-install workflow.
Generate Less Scrap
Eliminating error from manual adjustment when you make your cut is one more way Autoset helps you reduce overall error. Fewer errors mean fewer re-cuts, and fewer re-cuts mean less scrap and fewer material re-orders and lumber yard trips. Ultimately, that means less material cost. That's great news whether you're remodeling your own basement or developing a new subdivision.
40%. That's how much faster you work simply by measuring with an Bluetooth tape measure compared to manual measurement. Your speed increases even more when you eliminate manual measurement at the saw with Autoset. Considering you can reduce re-cuts and trips back-and-forth between your saw and the install location by queueing cuts, you may have to find a hobby for all that spare time you gain!
$399+ tax and shipping
Ready to order? Autoset is still a work in progress. Reserve this very special early-bird price by placing a pre-order deposit. Units will ship early next year, and the expected retail price at launch is $650.
There is a limited supply of Test Kits available for $349. Get an early prototype and help us perfect Autoset with your feedback. When the test is over and Autoset is launched, we'll send you a complete Autoset unit for free.
How to Use
Make a Measurement
Use a Bluetooth eTape, or a Leica DISTO laser distance meter to automatically import a measurement to your app. Alternatively, import a cut list from a spreadsheet.
Move the Stop
Move the stop in the direction indicated. AutoSet will stop at the cut location and make a fine adjustment to give you a precise cut
Make Your Cut
After the cut is completed, AutoSet loads the next cut in the list, and the process starts over.
PRODUCTS IN ACTION
- Sturdy, aircraft-grade 6061 aluminum C-Channel rail structure
- Portable, 48" rail sections joined for quick setup and teardown
- Robust, engineering-grade polymer carriage and stop
- Extra-long, 2-sided aluminum ram provides small minimum cut length and ability to mount on either the left or right of the saw
- Designed to mount to portable saw stand or fixed table
- Stainless steel, slotted brackets provide a solid mount surface
- Designed to attach to any make and model of miter saw. Can be attached to other equipment as well.
- Adjustable ram to account for different miter saw base width and minimum cut lengths
- Sturdy, engineering-grade polymer stop can take the abuse of the job site or shop
- Designed to mount to fixed table or portable saw stand
- Designed to attach to any make or model of miter saw
- Simple user interface shows you which way to push the stop and when it's time to cut. AutoSet reads your next cut from our app as soon as you finish making a cut, so your phone can stay in your pocket.
- Two-sided aluminum ram overhangs saw base to allow for short minimum cuts
- Sturdy ram holder slides over 1 inch in both directions to adjust to your precise cut length and flips out of the way when AutoSet is not needed
- Precision components like a strong and accurate stepper motor, machined custom gear rack, and this precision-ground stainless steel shaft make for smooth operation and high precision
- Injection molded, high-grade plastic parts with soft, flexible over-molding are job-site sturdy, while custom electronics make our patent-pending operations possible